, Attorney at Law

Immigration Information

Family Sponsored Immigration

U.S. citizens may petition for spouses, parents, children and siblings.   Permanent residents may
petition for spouses and children.

Business Sponsored Immigration

Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must
complete the Labor Certification process.  The Labor Certification process involves a testing of
the job market to demonstrate that the potential visa holder is not taking a job away from a U.S.


All aliens facing deportation have a right to a fair hearing under the due proces clause of the U.S
Constitution.  The federal government must prove that an alien is deportable.

Nonimmigrant Status:  H-1B and H-2B

The H-1B category is open to aliens seeking to enter the United States temporarily  for the purpose of
working in a specialty occupation or profession or as a fashion model of distinguished merit and ability.

The H-2B category is available to an alien coming to the United States to perform either skilled or
unskilled labor on a temporary basis.

Family Immigration

Family sponsored immigration is based on the relationship with a person who is a U.S. citizen or
a lawful permanent resident and on a family member's wish to immigrate from another country.

Labor Certification

Labor certification is the process of getting your "green card"   through being sponsored by an
employer in the United States.


Appeal is the process used for stopping the Immigration Service from deporting you.


If you are a permanent legal resident for 5 years or 3 years, if you became a legal resident by
marrying a citizen, you can apply to the Immigration Service to become a U.S. citizen.

Back to Home Page   |  California Lawyer Index  |  Channels Law.com